~~~~Phishen Lake NOYB

oldphart

~~~Got out with Slug, and Shovel on Sat. morning, for some Lakers, action was hot with lots of hits, and too many misses. Both Slug, and Shovel were running back and fore, between rods, with both of them having phish on and losing them, Slug learned the hard way "never let any one get between you and your rod" Because Shovel landed a very nice 1.5lb + Laker, while was sitten with 2 dead rods, not even a bump, followed Slugs suggestion and moved out deep to 69ft, where I sat and watch Slug get 1 about haft way up before it got off. Then about noon, I get a good hit and it's taking line then it's gone(Drat), allowed the line to drift back and Wham he hits again, get about 4turns on the reel and he gone again(Cak Cak)Started to bring my line to check the minnow, and my other rod gets a hit, and this time he's not getting off, after a great fight, and with Slug's help I was able to ice this 3lb. beauty

100_0510.jpg

That would be it for the day, no more hits and nop more markings on the Flasher, our haul for the day, notice the colour change between the 2 Lakers

100_0511.jpg

Was the ice safe, where we were, it was 5" of black, with 3" of frozen slush, but further you went out the thinner it got, with large areas of slushy areas, and not all the lakes are frozen, a section of Gull Lake

100_0514.jpg

Tuesday, New Years Day, Slug, and I are hitten Lake Whichamacallit for Crappies, we will be at the Coffee Time at Hwy#7, & 28 about 7:45, if any one wants to join us