funny ice fishing question...

pikeie

my bro and i were own at the barrie marina today in search of some perch, well we found them lol, as i was looking at my aqua view and coaxing some perch into biting i saw some bigger fish off in the distance crusing only a inch or 2 off of the bottom, as they got closer i could clerly see that they were white suckers all around 20-24 inches long, we must have seen over 30! i had one come up to my jigging spoon quickly take a look then move on, i have caught them in the spring in rivers before and most of the time they hit worms, would they work in the winter??? i was also thinking of using small brown tubes to imitate young crayfish? my question is has anyone ever targted or caught suckers through the ice?

100% sure they were suckers, i wish i had that recorder for my aqua view so i could show you guys. only asking because looking to change up the fight from those constant dink perch lol. maybe even a bb2 or bb3 badd boyz??? considering they bounce right on the bottom i want to try and get a few lol