Looking for opinions on kicker options

Landlocked

Just interested in receiving a few opinions on what options would be preferred when setting up a trolling motor on a swim platform as per attached pics. As you can see, the boat is already plumbed for fuel to the kicker. The platform will be reinforced. I'm having a bracket built for the motor, and long story short, an E-Z steer system between the I/O and kicker won't work due to the platform. Sooo.. long handled tiller? power or maual tilt? electric or manual start? remote fuel control?

I think if I don't go with the tiller steering I'll look into the Panther Electro steer (http://www.marinetech.info/pmarine/pmarine_detail.php?sku=550102) as I don't want to pay $2500 for the autopilot system :wacko:

As previously discussed with Wayne, it's sickening how many $$ you can spend AFTER buying the boat! :santa:

1585027_1.jpg

September_26__2007_006.jpg

Truthfully I am pretty superstitious and was struggling with changing the boat name...now I get another Berts holder!

Thanks Bud!! :worthy:

Maureen...you may be onto something, I'll consider the name change..although it may be harder to come up with an OFC name than a boat handle :P

i jsut bought a 2004 honda 15 horse for my 21ft seaswirl. Long shaft is a must(20 inches) or else when your trolling in the waves teh prop will keep coming out of the water. As for power trim and elec start they are all luxurys. I personally got elec start and power tilt but it isnt a must. I think the most important thing is to be able to adjust your speed from the wheel instead of walking bak evertime becasue eventually you will see the speed go up or down alittle bit and just leve it and in my opinion will decrease your success greatly. ANd definitly go with a steer from up front. Just picture it pouring rain or a nice windy spring day and sitting back there taking the weather its sucks.

Hope this helps.

Bowen