My New Winter Hobby

Cast-Away

For years I've thought about flying remote control helicopters and this past week I finally bought one. I've been following do-it-yourself flying instructions for a week now, and am still on the ground! Boy are these things tough to fly. I bought a stunt version, so it is more difficult to learn, but will be more satisfying in the long run. I figure that it will take at least a year to get fairly proficient at flying a helicopter. Check out the videos below!

Here is a picture of the heli:

EFLH1300_lg.jpg

Here is an OFC style video of a heli in flight:

Here is a great stunt video showing what these machines can do:

Helicopter Stunts

Guest mistyriver1

Looks like fun. On Saturday mornings, they have a show "RC television", on OLN where they show racing of different things (planes, boats, cars, helis). The mini jets look like they can go as fast as the real thing :o

Yeah cast-away helicopters are tough to learn from what I hear. I'm still waiting for my turbine F-14 or f-16.

Where did you buy your RC? Sure would to see them get a carp on with the heli flying. :D:D

dsn

Edited by dsn

One of the guys from our Sat morning basketball games brought one to the gym, to 'test' before wrapping it as a xmas present for his son.

I might be getting one as well, as a 'gift', then we can have helicopter war at the gym before bbal. They are a blast.

Radio shack has one with two main props, one on top of the other...appears easy to use...

There's also an outdoor flying club in Alliston, near teats shooting trap field.

dsn, I purchased it from Pinnacle Hobby in Markham. They had much better pricing then Hobby Hobby out in Mississauga where I work.

Do you know if they have a web site? Like to check out there stuff.

Thanks

dsn

cool, theres a place in Brampton north and a place on the Brampton/Mississauga border that people fly these things. I don't have one, but I'll go there and fart around with my t-maxx. My neighbour is into the heli thing and just bought a turbine engine one, the bloody thing has like a 1 1/4 exhaust on it and a flame that looks like it'll do a steak in 2 minutes. Have fun.

Pinnacle's web site http://www.pinnaclehobby.ca/

also right down the road from them is A&J, much more info there

http://www.ajhobby.com/defaultpage.asp?cat=Home

I decided to go back into model ship building. Some of these models have some fantastic detail in them, but a lot of work. So this is going to be my 2007 project, take my time 6-9 months I figure. First model is the Arizona, but I am going to do it as her sister the Pennsylvania. Beats sitting around watching the boob tube.

So far the damage is ship=$29 tools $130 and counting