question..

BFSC Kevin

well i went out to decide where to place my transducer.. i got that figured out and where to place the actual unit.. however not sure on where to put the gps puck.. should i put it on the gunnel or the dash with the gps? on the dash, there is a bit of the windshield and would be a bit close to the graph, so that might interfere? on the gunnel is the best location(because wide open) but it could get wet.. would that be an issue? i wouldn't think so though....

second issue..

i wanted to get out once before i need to store away the boat(i'll winterize the motor right after fishing), but when i went out today, i couldnt steer the motor... the cable was frozen.. so happens if this occurs when i go fishing? anything to prevent or fix this?

thanks!

well i went out to decide where to place my transducer.. i got that figured out and where to place the actual unit.. however not sure on where to put the gps puck.. should i put it on the gunnel or the dash with the gps? on the dash, there is a bit of the windshield and would be a bit close to the graph, so that might interfere? on the gunnel is the best location(because wide open) but it could get wet.. would that be an issue? i wouldn't think so though....

second issue..

i wanted to get out once before i need to store away the boat(i'll winterize the motor right after fishing), but when i went out today, i couldnt steer the motor... the cable was frozen.. so happens if this occurs when i go fishing? anything to prevent or fix this?

thanks!

Mount the puck where it has an unobstructed view 360* around with at least a 45* cone \puck/

Avoid mounting near a VHF antenna or where a full top on bimini might obstruct it.

I have mine on the rear left gunwale and many people like to mount them at the bow. Getting it wet won't be an issue but it would be wise to mount it in a place that it won't be getting soaked all the time.

-Brian

ive got my Lowrance internal gps mounted behind the windshield on the CC under the T top with canvas and it grabs signal by the time I un tie from the dock,for the steering got water in the tube it frooze happens alot pump some grease in there when it warms up to help her out

Well i also spoke to fishindevil, he told me to grab some white lithium grease..

and the cable right now is working.. it has defrosted...

now where would i spray this?

on the pivot points, where the cable connects to the motor?

Be right back, goingto ctc to grab it right now! while the cable is still moving!!

I have mine under my front windshield works perfect. Have heard of lake mappers putting them as close to the transducer as possible so the gps points are right on top of the contour lines, but i don't make maps i just follow them so under my windshield it goes.