A Little Information about the Drowned Kayaker

Steve

We all have passions, things that fill our soul and drive our bodies.

There are days when others would stay home in front of a warm fire and we venture out no matter what the weatherman says, we are adventurers.

We have confidence found in skill, drive, need, and desire to be one with the outdoors.

These are the things that make us human.

Fault aside, our judgement is not always based on safety or forthought, it is based on feeling.

Serge was doing what he loved, what filled his heart and sated his desires... for that I admire him...

For his family and friends I am sad.

May his memory make you smile, his drive give you inspiration and his spirit stay with you always.

Condolences and my heart felt sympathies...

Jen

We all have passions, things that fill our soul and drive our bodies.

There are days when others would stay home in front of a warm fire and we venture out no matter what the weatherman says, we are adventurers.

We have confidence found in skill, drive, need, and desire to be one with the outdoors.

These are the things that make us human.

Fault aside, our judgement is not always based on safety or forthought, it is based on feeling.

Serge was doing what he loved, what filled his heart and sated his desires... for that I admire him...

For his family and friends I am sad.

May his memory make you smile, his drive give you inspiration and his spirit stay with you always.

Condolences and my heart felt sympathies...

Jen

This should be in the top 5 ever

very well said

jen, thank you for posting that.

it really hits home.

i wish i could have stated it like that.

thank you.

(could i post that on serge's yakfishcanada.com site, giving you as the posting credit. i think many would enjoy those sentiments)

Steve,

Feel free to post that anywhere you wish... it is with great sadness that this post was created. I hope it brings a thoughtful moment to many!

Jen

Time to require flares on any vessel in open water. On the east end of LO a group of kayakers got in trouble and the first one to make it to shore burned down a building because he didn't have flares.

Open water kayaking is getting more popular and yet the least visible boat on the water and often operated by the least experienced people is not required to carry flares, makes no sense to me.