Tried something different today

danc

Went for a short drive and tried a few sepia shots for HDR. I only took 3 different shots, just to see how it would turn out. I was pleased with the results. I'll try a few more on a sunny day next time. This is an old ski lodge that has been closed for some time now.

DSC00013_4_5_resize.jpg

Old buildings make for some awesome shots, the clouds look more black and white then sepia, neat effect. The one thing I would of done is straightened the building. Is there a reason you placed it that way. Some times I like angle shots and sometimes I like them straightened. So was it personal preference, or a specific rule you go by?

This was just a quick experiment Deano. I didn't bring my tripod. I just set the camera on the hood of my truck.

While we're on the subject, which way would you rotate the photo to straighten the building? It looks like it's leaning from the left to the right. But the roof line shows it leaning right to left.

Here's the roof line perfectly straight, but the building looks way out of whack.

DSC00013_4_5_resized.jpg

Maybe I should of started a new post about Angles, anyways here's another shot, it's kept at an angle because the clouds and the reflection of the clouds are to me what make this pic. You can see the leaves under water in the cloud reflection. These are examples of angle shots and my reasoning for them and that is the reason I asked about your shots angle.

angleclouds.jpg