NF Lindros Retires

holdfast

i think he should be! while he was healthy he was the most dominate all round player player i have ever seen. when a pyhsical player like a wendal clark/cam neely or and eric lindros play there game there career is only going to last 7 or 8 good years. There body cant take it. If eric played like jagr he would still be in the top ten in scoring every year.

his playing record for canada speaks for itself! minus the Bull he put quebec through he has been a class act his whole career. ALways doing charity work and promoting the game. the 5 million he dontated on thursday is the side most people dont know about lindros.

Cheers!

Your kidding, right?

For starters.....

Glenn Anderson and Mr Ciccarelli.......

How can you forget Gilmour?

There are also arguements for old Flames blocker Mike Vernon.

I dont like him for a number of reasons, being dirty just added to it.

There are some dirty players in the HHOF (ofcourse) but they had much better

numbers then Lindros.

What about Bill Ranford??????

Have you looked at the stats?

You said "tons". I see 5 names. Anderson has been retired 10 years? He's not in yet, but he might. He was a very clean player ;-) Ciccarelli has been eligible for the hall for 5 years maybe? He might get in. He won the Lady Byng like a half dozen times didn't he? Gilmour darn near always lead his teams in fewest penalty minutes ;-) All three had good/great careers and may all make it to the HHoF, that doesn't then infer that Lindros is undeserving. Goalies are difficult to compare to skaters.

Lindros was the dominate force when on the ice. Many deserving members of the HHoF can't have that said about them.

I hated Lindros the player. Not liking a player should have very little, if any, baring on being in the HHoF. Not liking a player has everything to do with being a fan. The two need to be kept separate.

Stated again: Federco, Gillies, MacDonald and Neely are in already.

i think he should be! while he was healthy he was the most dominate all round player player i have ever seen. when a pyhsical player like a wendal clark/cam neely or and eric lindros play there game there career is only going to last 7 or 8 good years. There body cant take it. If eric played like jagr he would still be in the top ten in scoring every year.

his playing record for canada speaks for itself! minus the Bull he put quebec through he has been a class act his whole career. ALways doing charity work and promoting the game. the 5 million he dontated on thursday is the side most people dont know about lindros.

Cheers!

I hated the fact that he wouldn't play for the team he was drafted by (even though it was Quebec). I thought they should never let him in the NHL after that. BUT, think back everyone to how amazing this guy was as a player. Imagine being the opposition. It's 1992, you're in the Broadstreet bullies homerink. You're in the corner with the puck, you look over your shoulder and see this guy coming at you .... yikes!!! When he was healthy he was great. He would mow down anything in his path. Even better, when he put on the red and white jersey and played for team Canada he gave it his all. Don't get me wrong,I'm not giving him all the credit, but him being on the Canadian juniors when we won gold in 91 was not just coincidence. He really gained my respect over the years every time he put on that jersey. You could really see the passion for the game in his eyes. Anyway, I never liked him at first, but he won me over.

Edited by kennyman