1st Deer down (NF)

Jay T

Congratulations!

As suggested, try and take a picture in the field/woods, too. I understand that this deer isn't a wall hanger, but if you make it a habit of taking pictures/posing the deer, you will be able to get the 'perfect' picture when you do harvest the deer of a lifetime.

I wish he could have, but they did not stop hunting he shot it at 4pm so and heard it go down so they continued hunting till I got home from work to help them drag it out. Also he didn't have his camera, it was left at a different location not able to get it. Plus they coyotes were howling very close so us when we got to the deer, so we just wanted to get the deer out of there asap.

Next one will have a nice field picture.

I almost got me a deer this morning ala bumper tag..... So close because some idjit was so close to my back bumper I wasn't going to brake for the deer. It was my work van anyhow. The darn fool was so close behind me that I couldn't see his headlights in the rearview mirror but I could see he had two young kids in the car otherwise it would have been brake check time long before that. Anyhow after the deer hopped out in front of us and I drove around it more or less I thought the guy behind might smarten up. NOPE!!!! Instead of backing off or slowing down what does this clown behind me do. Pulls out his cell phone and starts making a call, probably to his hunting buds to tell he saw one LOL.... If only I had of had the time to follow him and talk to him about his stupidity of driving like that with kids in the car..... I hope them young ones don't pay for the price his dumbness.

....Congrats to your dad, I can well imagine the adrenaline rush as he patiently held is draw till the right moment. Sounds like he a good clean kill to me. Enjoy the rewards of the harvest. I know I would and do when my hunting buddies bestow upon me a nice feed of wild game....yummy!

As for the "fishing board" comment well I'll post an excerpt from the rules (has anybody read them?).

"If your post contains hunting images that may offend some, please note Hunting Images in your post description."