On the fence

cranks bait

So all of this talk about the giant eyes in Picton have me debating by the minute, do I want to go? Part of me says yes, the other says stay home and fish here, less hassle. I am limited to time, Sundays only. But that means all Sunday, no time limit. I go out early and come home when I am done. It's nothing for me to spend 12 hours on the water.

The part that is holding me back is my boat and company. It's on the edge for size. Mind you for trolling it's not a big deal unless the waves are a crashing. I know when to call it a day. I've been out in some really nasty stuff on the St. Lawrence and had no problems. I'm also a white water raft guide and Swift Water Rescue Tech., so I am comfortable on the water, but not stupid. Also I fish alone most of the time, which can be a pain in the bass in rough water.

I'm sure that if someone said, I'll go with you, I'd be there. I could take 1 person comfortably 2 at the most, as I only have 2 seats and a deck to sit on. Or if someone said, hey I've got a spot on my boat, I'd be on that too.

So what do you think? Anyone want to push me off the fence?

Wasn't really planning on going down on Saturday, as I have no place to crash. I am guessing this is when the G2G is? I saw some posts for it, but no info as to when or where. if someone had a piece of floor I could be convinced though.

For sure you can have a spot on the boat. I don't have any downriggers or rod holders (except for the rear seat pedastal that I occasionnally use) so it would be old scewl holding the rod.

Cranks go for it , fall off the fence and head to Picton. I am limited for time as well and only have Sundays unless I make arrangements ahead of time. I live in Ottawa and plan on leaving here around 5am and get on the water around 8 hopefully. I plan on doing this every week until it is to icy. I am also assuming this is the weekend of the GTG, I asked in a previous post when it was and no one replied. I would like to meet some ofnr's, even if it is just a hello. I launch from Picton harbour and have a 16'7 Alumacraft with a 75 merc optimax. Not sure where we will head first, out to the reach or stay on the other side of the ferry. Depends on the winds and how difficult it is to locate the fish. Anyway if you head out, good luck! Take lots of pics.

Don