Leak in waders

xrap

I got a hole in my waders and it's really small and I have been looking for it and can't find it. I have the material and glue to fix it but first need to locate it. Is their any tricks to locating a hole in your waders, thier rubber if it matters.

I've never had to repair rubber waders before but there are a few different ways to find leaks (in no particular order)

- Go into a dark room and stick a flash light inside looking for light to shine through the material

- Fill waders up with water and hang (either outside or over a bath tub. Look for water seeping out

- Jump into a bath tub with waders on. You might see air bubbles escaping from the hole

- Send it back to the manufacturer and have them fix it

I got a hole in my waders and it's really small and I have been looking for it and can't find it. I have the material and glue to fix it but first need to locate it. Is their any tricks to locating a hole in your waders, thier rubber if it matters.

Pinch the top tight enough to hold a bit of air, just enough to puff 'em up. I'd use a nail compressor on low pressure here at home and duct tape to seal the top after rolling it over a few times. You could also just tape a small piece of soft hose into the top and blow into it but that makes me all red in the face and it's hard to do the other part of this operation when yer permanently attached to a hose. Then, with the waders doing a Michelin Man thing (i.e. pressurized), listen for the leak. If that doesn't work, or to be extra certain you got all the leaks, spritz with a soapy mixture and watch for bubbles to form. Dish detergent and water works great. I'd suggest the bathtub or your pool, but with winter nearly upon us most pools are closed, and my wife would have a conniption if I put those smelly dirty waders in one of our bathtubs.

As I discovered with my drysuit this works great, almost too well. You discover holes you didn't expect to find along seams etc.

JF