Bly and I bought a boat today!!!

ccmtcanada

....Congratulations Cliff and Carol, fine looking vessel. I hope she brings you many days of pleasure. Gerritt had called me to see if I could come up the hill and join yous for the afternoon and as much as I would have liked to I was unable. My loss, sure would have been nice to chat with you both again.

Thanks everyone! We are pretty excited...just need that trailer! We've had lots of people looking out for us and I'm hoping that I can go and pick that boat up this weekend.

I've noticed a few themes emerging from this thread so far so I thought I'd comment on them....

1) We will NOT give up shore fishing. Most of our fishing is done during the week and we only have 2 hours....so the boat will be a weekend thing for us.

2) Thanks everyone for the "leave some fish in the lakes" for us comments...but quite honestly, we SUCK at fishing from a boat....just ask Fishnsled....LOL.

3) We are going to concentrate more on exploring lakes at first, to get an idea of what's there and how to catch them, so we are NOT expecting success right off the bat. It took us a lot of hours and work to find shore spots and then catch the fish....we expect the same kind of work with a boat.

4) "Break out another thousand" - LOL...love that acronym. We'll spend a little at first...then once we have an idea of how to make fishing in it more comfortable, then the thousand will come out I'm sure....haha.

5) I plan on getting a full tune up before taking it out anywhere....and also practising backing up in a parking lot....all great advice...thanks!

Spiel...would have been great to chat again....maybe next time! Thanks again everyone...had LOTS of support from the board in this purchase. We'll try to take it out at least once this fall before winterizing it....until then, it'll kill me to see it all winter long waiting for the ice to melt.