Grand River Question

kayak fisher

Hey everyone,

I am thinking of heading to the Grand River today, as I have never been there before. Can someone please provide me with directions, to where I can park and launch my kayak. Also, what kind of fish are in there right now?

I am not looking for anybody's personal fishing spots, just some general info so that I can get on the water a little bit faster!

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

Kayak Fisher

Free Launch in Dunnville ...Take Qew to Niagara get off on Centenail Parkway Hwy #20 follow straight to the end Hwy #17 turn left follow straight to Dunnville you will see the Grand River or you can park below the Dam after the stop light and lauch behind the Dunnville Arena ..if ya need more info stop by and see me ..

Edited by Fishmaster

Hey Fishmaster,

Thanks for the directions! I appreciate that.

A wrench just got thrown in my plans, so I cannot go out there today.....maybe next weekend.

If you ever need any info on Toronto, or East of Toronto please ask, that is my neck of the woods.

Woods? yeah right...not anymore....

Kayak Fisher

The best run in a kayak or canoe, at least on of the best IMHO is the run between Glen Morris and Paris. There is a launch at the "rail trail" entrance right in Glen Morris. You won't be dissapointed especially in the spring/early summer when water levels are higher. It's a fun run and there are fishing spots all along the way, plus it ends at the Paris dam. I believe you can still fish above it right nowa nd after Nov 1 you can fish below it again.