Viewing Salmon Jumping

Sherriff

Is there anywhere in the Hamilton Area that I can take my kids to show them the salmon run?

I have been to Caledonia (dam)in recent years but thought another location may be nice this year....

Hopefully the locations are off limits to anglers as well...Would be nice to take pics without anyone snagging salmon...

Thanks

Sherriff

that video proves nothing! maybe he hooked it in the mouth ive caught plenty of salmon this year in the mouth and i've snagged a couple on accident so unless you see them walk in and rip their hook through the water in front of one its not poaching.

that fish was obviuosly hooked in the tail by how it was struggling,..these guys are not even fishing a pool but it looks to be 1' of water,..very obvious and intentional snaggin,...if you truely know how to catch salmon or other river run species, you would see the difference,...that video is pathetic but typical!!!

if you look close the guys roe bag is right in the fish's cheek which prolly means the fish took a bite at it and missed and got hooked in the cheek it happened to me this year. it is quite possible that the fish was hooked in the hole right above the shallow water and fought its way down there. once again, happened to me this year already salmon make some pretty big runs and get themselves into shallow water.and why would 20 people snagging fish just sit there and let someone film them do it? i've seen many people doing it this year one guy had a big net and was scooping up the females every time they tried to make a run upstream. soon as he seen me and my buddies coming dropped the net and picked up a fishing rod. i just think that too many people point the finger and say that guy is snagging fish because he reeled in a fish that swam into his hook. its not poaching until they are ripping hooks through the water and milking out the big females! thats when we should get involved don't just assume that every person fishing for salmon is snagging them. sorry guys it just seems like everyday there is another post talking about snagging salmon and how these people should be punished. well.....truly they should be punished but make sure you know for sure they did it on purpose. i can't wait till the salmon run is over and then we won't have to worry about morons that do that kinda s**t. anyways guys good luck for the fall steelie run and milty i do know how to catch fish in a river. you put a roe bag on a hook under a float with a couple of float weights on and when the float goes under the water you set the hook. oh but i wouldnt know something like that i better let you explain it to me better! hahaha :asshat:

Good Luck Everyone Else!!

Hawk

it is quite possible that the fish was hooked in the hole right above the shallow water and fought its way down there.

There is no hole right above that shallow water. I have been down there a few times (to observe) and Bronte is unusually low this year. I have also taken pictures of some questionable activity and also called the MNR tips line (haven't heard back). I would hazard a guess that 95% of people presently fishing Bronte during this low water are lining or snagging fish.

It's a feaking massacre down there....

Burt