Sturgeon River / Lake Nipissing ...SALMON!!!!

Muskieman

:asshat: YES IT WAS KEPT!!!

would you want an invasive .. non native species introduced in your fishing hole?

who know what kind of damage this could do to Nips ecosystem???

I would'nt care if it were out of season{ yes i did say that } ... that fish WAS NOT going back into the water.. If we catch another it will be treated as a GOBY or A RUSTY CRAYFISH.

In anyother circomstance I abide by the regs to the letter...but in this case screw the regs.

I've talked to my C/O buddies Rick N and Bill C. and they agree with me....

p.s.. that fish was given to Richard a Biologist at the MNR office in North Bay for examination...

Salmon have a five year life cycle..from the colour that fish is on it's last few days and will die anyway. Personally it's colour is beyond what I would eat in a spawning fish but to each his own.

Guest skeeter99

the salmon are not invasive to lake nipissing

they used to come up through the french, before dams and barriers as such

they are even listed as a fish in the lake according to the lake nipisiing stewardship council

http://www.lnsc.ca/lake_nipissing.asp?site...name=Fish+Types

i just got to find the article about the salmon that used to run up to nipissing cannot find , pretty sure it was in ontario outdoors magazine a few years ago in light of a couple being caught during the winter

:whistling:WOW . . . amazing how many things can be read into a TOTALLY innocent question . . . . I keep about 1/3 of the fish I catch, and am VERY careful of how I hold them up . . . . which can be seen in many of the pictures I post. But . . . . . there are MANY experienced anglers who wouldn't dream of keeping a fish, but will keep it out of the water for pics, lift it by the gills, or release it when its just been hauled outta 50' to 100' of water, rupturing its air bladder! Also . . . . I have no clue about chinook not being indigenous to those waters, or if there is, or is not a legal season for them up there, so there was not even a thought of it being kept legall OR illegally . . . . which some people may have thought I was hinting? I've seen quite a few posts on here of such examples . . . . although not as many as there used to be as people become more aware of what they've done. So o o . . . . . those of you who get all huffy when a normal question is asked, WITHOUT any accusations of ANY type being made . . . . . don't get all self-righteous, to the point of giving yourselves a coronary . . . . . if a question is politly asked, without ANY accusing of ANYTHING, have enough good manners to answer it the same way . . . . . have a nice day, eh? SHEESH!! :sleeping_02: