Possible solution for Fishing poachers

jedimaster

I'M NOT POKING THE HORNETS NEST ....

with the technology of today a cell phone can go a long way in court... it can take a picture ..

film a videoclip... serve as proof to time and date ... has a trackable signal ... and better yet can be used as phone to call for help or to REPORT A POACHER .. :thumbsup_anim:

I reasoned with a few out of town poachers this spring... i explained to them that this was my hometown water and that fishing was closed...if it would have been open i would be fishing right beside them...and that the regs book was in plain view sitting on a tackle box...it was a sanctuary :wallbash: .

they had a cage full of fish from walleye ,white bass, catfish , and some suckers...

I was called a , Trailer Trash Redneck and was told to go get myself a fresh bag of CRACK..and was i gonna pay for their gas back to Oakville <_< .and to leave them the F alone.. so I did for about 10 minutes I then came back with my freind Rick he's the local C/O...

In the meantime i told Rick what had just happened... he proceeded to lay 3 charges per person..them told them politely that they would have to pay their own gas to and from Oakville because they now had a court date... :clapping:

took their gear and fish and put it in the box of his truck. :clapping: :

I then received a Handskake and a MNR keychain.. not to mention the satisfaction of having made a little dent in the poacher population :stretcher:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Now if we can just make a connection with the local C/Os in the areas we fish, that may make it a bit easier.

I called a couple of Sundays ago about some people camping on a piece of crown land posted "no littering, no camping", who were ... imagine this, camping and littering.

I got a call the next day from the C.O. and within 2 days there was a garbage can on site, more signs up, and all the garbage was cleaned up.

I think I we take a picture, and email it in, along with a call, it will help.

Entropy