Fall Fishing

love2fishhave2work

Keep an opened mind on technique, locate fish. To give an example, a good year here last fall and early winter, my buddy was still bass fishing in early January. A little ice around the edges of the lakes thin stuff that broke on contact with the boat. He won a pickup bass tournament casting a blade bait and letting it flutter down thru pockets of whatever weeds were left.

I have caught largemouth in 20 feet of water in September on the Georgian Bay, no good reason for them to be that deep, food? Water wasn`t that cold and I was fishing for smallies, just hard to predict what plan is a good one, the fish will let you know.

Seeing baitfish in the area you are fishing is a good sign, fall feeding season, match the hatch.

The key to fall fishing success is getting your butt out of bed a going!!! The fish will be actively feeding to fatten up for winter, and should be shallower than in the summer as a rule... but not always. If you're not catching anything change up your presentations until you do start catching, let the fish tell you what they want. I seem to have better luck with brighter colors in the fall.

I agree....keep an open mind. The bass are biting, if you can find them. Here in Haliburton, the pattern has changed significantly from summer: bass are more schooled up and are feeding activly but not relating to any kind of structure consistently. Those logs and drop-offs that produced fish so consistently a month ago are not neccesarily the ticket now.