Is This An Osprey??

Photoz

As I sat, getting awfully bored waiting for a big ol' chinnie to swim past and take a shot at my roe bag, I spotted this bird circling the m a r s h across from me. All of a sudden he drops and parks himself in a dead tree about 150' away. I silently cursed that I left the camera in the van, parked nearby . . . . but, the worst that could happen was he'd fly off if I got up. I nonchallantly got up, walked back to my van, got the camera and zoomed in the full 440mm, WOW! I got several shots, but he sat there a good 10 minutes, before flying off. He was circling the field, along the creek for a while before disappearing . . . . not many fish out there . . . . do ospreys go for mice & smaller birds too? Can anybody positively identify this fella?

P. S.

If I remember correctly, it was 2003 that the Ministry cut way y y y y back on their chinook restocking, might this be the reason for the scarcity of the salmon this year, or are they running outta food out in Lake O? Something's wrong when a 33 pound salmon takes the derby? Getting smaller winners every year?

gallery_77_129_106592.jpg