Bronte be good with rain comming in

BGis

Hi all

I,m new to the pier fishing and was wondering if the fish run better while its raining. I see rain heading that way and am thinking I should scoot down for a while. I have been down a few times late at night and seen fish being caught ,but just a few. Any suggestions on best times .

Thanks for any help

Brian

((how much longer can you catch salmon from the pier??))

No problem, I,d like to know that myself.

The reason I asked about the rain was that my fatherinlaw was telling me that any lightning or thunder will put the fish back down deep. Myself and a few friends are going to give it a try, guess it,ll be a learning lesson at worst.

Thanks

BTW the few I seen being caught were so big it had my mouth watering so bad I was damn near drooling. Think I,ll bring a bib along just in case .

Well to answer those questions...they will be around for a few weeks yet,then depending on temps & rainfall. :Gonefishing: ..the browns will be there as well...starting around thanksgiving, :Gonefishing: that was always our best times to hit them along the shoreline....then right up till freeze up...the rainbows will be there,all through november. :Gonefishing: ..so you still have 2 months of fishing yet on the piers and breakwalls....good-luck and tight lines :Gonefishing:

I ended up going from 11--2:00 last night and there was quite a few runs. A friend that went with me hooked 2 and landed 1 about 15 or more lbs.There was a lot of people out and 20+ fish caught in the 3 hrs I was there. Think I,ll go again tonightl and see if I can hook 1 . What a scrap Bob had last night and I cant wait for a chance.

Thanks for the info mistaredone and finshindevil

Edited by BGis