son wanted to go fishing

fatherof3

With school off for the day the oldest boy wanted to go fishing as he really wants to catch a big carp.So off we went bright and early to our spot and started fishing.Here is a pic of the attention he pays to his rod,lol.

100_0437.jpg

After a little while he gets one on and quickly has his line snap as his reel is kinda messed up and does not let drag out right.Here is a pic of him after losing one.

100_0443.jpg

Time for a new reel for him.I get a hit shortly after and fight is on.This thing took line out like crazy and was really hard to even budge.I couldn't really tell how big it was then as you always get weeds all over your line adding to the weight.When I finally got the fish close enough to shore it came up for the first time I could not believe what I saw.This was a huge fish for this spot.I started freaking a little as I did not want to lose it.I finally got it in and after a few pics it was released to catch again.This was by far my biggest one yet and a ton of fun to catch.Anyway here are the pics.

100_0439.jpg

100_0440.jpg

100_0441.jpg

100_0442.jpg

After seeing that the boy wants to go out and try as much as possible which is fine with me.I know there have been bigger carp on here but I don't think I did too bad with a 6 foot rod,sinkers,hook and some corn,lol.I am officially addicted!