Spoon questions...

Dozer

Okay, so I've outfitted myself with a pretty decent setup for trout / salmon fishing. Got myself an 11 foot rod with a reel spooled with 10 lbs test braided line. Gonna go to Whitby marina today and fish the canal.

So I've picked up a few spoons from Crappy Tire and I've got a question about the Little Cleo's in particular.

I purchased a few glow in the dark cleo's but my question is about setting them up to my line. Some other spoons I've purchased came with little "rings" where I guess I tie my line to. However, the Cleo's dont have any rings, just a hole on the top of the spoon. Do I just tie my line to the "hole"?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Hopefully I'll come back with a few pictures ;)

Thanks

Okay, so I've outfitted myself with a pretty decent setup for trout / salmon fishing. Got myself an 11 foot rod with a reel spooled with 10 lbs test braided line. Gonna go to Whitby marina today and fish the canal.

So I've picked up a few spoons from Crappy Tire and I've got a question about the Little Cleo's in particular.

I purchased a few glow in the dark cleo's but my question is about setting them up to my line. Some other spoons I've purchased came with little "rings" where I guess I tie my line to. However, the Cleo's dont have any rings, just a hole on the top of the spoon. Do I just tie my line to the "hole"?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Hopefully I'll come back with a few pictures ;)

Thanks

The spoon will twist your line pretty good.

I would suggest at least a quality snap swivel and attaching the lure to it. A mono or fluoro leader with a good swivel on one end and a snap on the other would be a good idea too.

I add split rings to all my Salmon and Rainbow spoons and terminate to the main line with a good quality cross lock snap with swivel. I also find that I get better hook ups with swash hooks instead of trebles. Cleo's in our area are great for bows, and Shore fisherman use them all the time.