Fishing advice

hi09

Uncle Buck:

Now you are making me think about live minnows. :whistling:

:dunno: I didn't think live bait, except for the likes of worms were allowed in any conservation area lake or pond. I remember fishing Valens when a teenager and I was told no minnows were allowed.

You very well maybe correct. I tried searching on Gooogle but found no answers. I will try phoning them later.

Thanks for questioning me.

Yes Uncle Buck is correct! :worthy:

I called the Binbrook Conservation park, left an answering machine message and they actually called back! :thumbsup_anim: very considerate of them.

Minnows are not yet banned in the lake. In addition he told me that the park is going into off season schedule. It will be closed on Saturday and Monday mornings until 1pm up till Thanksgiving.

My apology for the wrong advise :oops:

Binbrook is actually pretty good, any where AWAY from the main boat launch. Try heading to the dam, or take the path that goes along the left side of the main road/ lake.

I've caught some decent sized smallmouths, and largemouths.

Also go to the Tyneside Road entrance. A bit more of a walk to the water.

You can also rent canoes at the main gate, its a big lake.

last i was there i just went straight onto the offroad right in front of you from the main entrance, parked and walked through the weed up the little hill to the damn area. Climed down the extrermely dangerous rocks, and was pretty good, caught a small pike - from there we decided to keep walking the long path way along side the damn, all the way around and had to fight our way to a section out in the lake, but not even a bite there - cloe to where that dear hunting cabin thing is ... next time instead of going straight i turned left from the main entranc, and parked at the last parking and just walked down and started fishing there but that where i lost alot of tackle, coz of the rocks, i tried heading back towards the damn, but there were some black swans there i think they just had babes and were not to inviting - they started charing towards me so i had to run away!! hahah it was funny - i think i dropped a loonie up there man!

i am going to shade mills lake cambridge this weekend we will see how it goes, just hit le baron and picked up some spinner bait and a buzz bait as well - man fishing is really eating into my budjet this stuff is nto cheap!