Craigleith PP

Kerry

Hey folks,

My wife and I were up to Thornbury to watch the lawn tractor racing today and on the way back we stopped in to Craigleith Prov. Park.Has anyone had any success fishing from the shore there this time of year?They're open till the end of October and I thought we may stay over on a sat night just to get away AND while my significant other gets her beauty sleep I'll throw some fresh roe out in the early morning.Rainbows are likely coming in in say 2-3 weeks at the notty following salmon and that's not too far away from there.

I have an old fiberglass 10' mooching rod which I could use about an ounce of weight to fire my bait out or can you just drop right out from the edge of the shale.

Thanks Kerry

Actually I don't know if I can step off of the shale/rock edge at the park,I didn't walk right up to the edge but it looked like there is a dropoff of some sort there.Maybe farther down outside the park boundary you could possibly wade in;Mind you in late sept/early october I really don't want to wade out in any water especially in the dark if I don't have to unless I'm launching my boat.My rod is long and limber enough to cast if I up the weight I can probably get a good 100ft or so if it's not blowing in to shore.I used to use this type of setup with a buddy a few years ago at port hope off the rock pile for bows.

Kerry