Greencoachdog

I have a 9yr old boxer same kinda story .He was hit when he was around a 1yr old.Driver didn't stop as well .The vet said we would have to amputate his leg because of his fractured elbow but 8yrs later he walks with a bit of a limp but he still has the old leg and he is just fine.Good on you for spending the money to rehab ( i know it's not cheap ) and you will be surprised how well he recovers and gets along.good luck

I have a cat that got hit by a jeep at 1 year old and ended up with a paralyzed left front leg, we decided to leave in on and she has benefitted from it ever since she uses it as a crutch and still climbs trees and gets mice at 15 years old. It might be different for a dog but I would give it as much time as you can before deciding to amputate because he might do better with the leg.

I hope I'm not the only guy that watches the Oprah show :dunno: but has anyone seen the dog missing both his front legs that walks like a person ? anyway that dog looks like the happiest dog alive, I think it's tail moves so fast that it levatates. I hope your dog pulls through, lives a happy life and inspires people to try harder.