Cypress Falls/Cypress Creek

brandon

Here in Vancouver it's a very overcast gloomy day with a pretty constant mist. Hiking Seymour didn't seem all that thrilling on such a crappy day so I decided on a shorter hike (maybe 1km round trip at most). I figured with these low light conditions it would be a good day to take some shots of moving water with a slow shutter speed. I hit up a website and checked for some local trails that met my specs and found Cypress Falls Park. It's about 30-45 minutes from Vancouver, located in West Vancouver. Now I mentioned this is a short hike but for most of the trail it follows the creek quite a ways up so for most of the photos I bushwhaked my way down to the bottom and it was worth every near slip and fall. There's no real need to post anymore about this place because I think the pictures show more than enough. The first two are just regular pics and the last 3 are panoramic ones. And sorry guys........no fish here either lol......enjoy

016resizewaterrmark.jpg

056resizewatermark.jpg

Panorama27resizewatermark.jpg

Panorama28resizewatermark.jpg

Panorama29resizewatermark.jpg

thanks guys. It's an old growth rainforest and its just amazing. Theres not even words to describe how cool it is there......and the best part was no bugs.....whereas up on the mountains the black flies and mosquitoes wanna carry you over the edge. And that creek runs right into the bay but it gets so narrow and shallow at places that i doubt theres anything in it.......well i know now there isnt but maybe when the water level raises.....some of the pics show that the rock has been carved out by the water so it clearly gets a lot higher than it was.....however i didnt see any baitfish or really anything in the water for that matter.....at least now I'm finding all the places NOT to fish when I get my gear lol.......I appreciate the kind words too everybody....gives me motivation to keep heading out there to take more photos......thanks again