Burlington

Clampet

No Need to fear about missing it as it runs until Labour Day.

If there is no where to park you can park your car at Mapleview Mall at Fairview and Maple Av. and catch a free shuttle bus to the Rib Fest.

We use to live about 4 blocks from there. Not anymore, and I probably won't go near the place this year.

To all that go have a good time and be prepared to wait in line to buy anything. They expect over 160,000 people to attend this years festival.

here's the Link and a $3 off coupon

Edited by pikehunter

I attended one time here in Barrie. gotta admit I was disappointed. Cost me an arm and a leg for half a rack, and the ribs weren't that great. To be honest, those pre-flavored ones from Loblaws that you just heat up on the bbq are better. Hope the Burlington experience is better (and less draining on the pocketbook) than the one I had.

Rizzo, it is hard on the wallet. SO hard that you would have to mortgage the farm to get a plate with 4 rib bones on it.

Actually No-Frills has ribs on sale right now for $2 and change a pound. For what it would cost you to feed 2 people you could cook enough ribs for about 8 people.

The last time I BBQ'd ribs I boiled them first then rubbed them down with a mesquite dry rub with a little garlic powder and onion powder then tossed them on the BBQ, my son and wife devoured them claiming that they were better and tenderer than what they ate at the ribfest.

BTW, a Jimmy Buffet copycat band plays there tomorrow at 2 or 3 pm? Maybe we will go down after all.