DAY 2 REPORT simcoe smallies

snagmaster

Hey guys went out with ICEGUY for a few hours of smallie fishing . Rob always puts me on great lake O salmon fishing and got me my personal best Bow yesterday, I Wanted to get him his personal best smallmouth. The weather man was wrong on the winds AGAIN...what else is new.fished a new spot today and it took about an hour to get the first fish on. I hooked it far from the boat and it came up and showed us that he was a 4+ and spat my jig right back at me ...lol. We worked another new spot and i had two on for a second and they both came off and Rob had a good hit.... we could only get out for a few hours so at this point I told Rob hes got 5 min to get a fish in the boat cause then we are leaving... I guess he works well under pressure...lol. He lands his personal best smallie ....4lbs...good work.

IMG_0479.jpg.

and heres a pic of a boat full of guys that were eager to come over and find out how to catch them cause they were having no luck...we werent having much better luck going 1 for 4 at this point...lol.

IMG_0478.jpg

I was satisfied cause Rob got his PB but a little disapointed I lost 3 fish. Was landing about 90% of my smallies on the old line i was running on my rod.. I switched to berkley XL and have been landing only 60% of my smallies . To much stretch...Im not a fan and i would not recomend it for long distance hooksets...Thats just my opinon tho.

We did one more drift cause Rob got his fish and 5 minutes later I got this chunky 5lber.

IMG_0485.jpg

All fish were found today shallower then last week...In about 10 to 12 FOW

The last two days were great on the water ...Thanks rob for putting me on my PB rainbow and im glad I could return the favour. Back to school on tuesday so I wont be out much anymore ....lol...maybe twice a week...lol I wish....I think iceguy will be posting a few vids of the action from the passed two days on this thread in a few hours. enjoy....I know i did

goodluck on the water

Edited by snagmasteral

thanks Andrey. the best way is keep casting till you catch one to establish what depth they are at. You can also see them in the clear water in simcoe with polerized glaases if it is sunny and calm ...there was to much chop today to do that today tho

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice fish! Hey!! I use Berkley! Sounds like they were biting light!!! I see you had visitors. At least they didn't come right up to the boat and pretended like they knew me like the last time. Probably to see what lures we were using. :rolleyes:

Anyways, congrats to iceguy on his PB. Simcoe smallies rock!! Next stop Lake Erie!!

Guest Johnny Bass
thanks guys...hey johny is the line you use trileen XL tho ?...ive used other berkely lines and loved them ...this XL is suppose to be for long casting, has alot of memory and isnt very tough. I think im going to switch to 10lb floro.

I use trilene XT. I used to use the tournament one, gold package but they stppoed making it. Before that I used XL and did well. The only problem I have with berkley XT now is that the line tangles on me large when I cast! I have went through 2 spools of 12lb and 1 of 8lb test.....Either it is too stiff or it sits on the shelf too long. I may go back to XL and if I still have the same problem, find another line.

Also to compensate for the stretchyness you need a high gear ratio reel. Buy the stradic.....