Public launches for new lakes

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

OK. Guys. Running out of lakes to try. I want to expand my horizons and need some decent launches. Free preferably!

1) Crowe Lake(my friend has fished the river and says its decent).

2)Gibson lake, north of six mile lake. Puny lake but want to check it out for a few hours.

3)Seymour Lake(trent river)

4)Percy's reach(trent river)

Is Healey Lake any good??

Any suggestions? Lakes with launches? I want good large mouth bass lakes(with other variety of fish) To practice my jig and pigging!

hey johhny:

how's it going...

try moon river basin...

there's a marina at the end of the moon river access road... $15 to park and launch, and a great bunch of folk..

don't mind giving them a bit a cash...

lots and lots of water to cover... upstream towards the falls, good bass spots...

out past the captain allen straits, as it opens up, theres a large area to the left... got some pike there last week...

btw, on an out of production ( i think) beno. just like your brooks reefers i want to look at ! ! ! !

out a bit farther, some good smallmouth off reefs...

.... nomad.....

I used to fish crow river quite a bit and it has a free launch on the lower end at the brudge on Hyw 7. Pike, bass, pickeral and even the very odd Muskie. Haven't fished it much over the past several years. Used to go to crow lake mostly for duck hunting. There is a free launch (or at least it was) on the west end of the lake. I could be wrong but I think I remember it being Blairton Road just before you get into Marmora. , north off of Hwy7.Not sure how the fishing has been but always worth a try I would imagine.

Good luck

Guest Johnny Bass

Are you talking Moon River Basin marina?I am definately gonna check out Moon river basin Nomad. Though probably in the fall when there is more fish. I hear it can be tough at this time of year.

You can come check out that brooks refer, but you gotta let me know in advance when you are coming. You call last minute and I am usually out and about.

Guest Johnny Bass
I used to fish crow river quite a bit and it has a free launch on the lower end at the brudge on Hyw 7. Pike, bass, pickeral and even the very odd Muskie. Haven't fished it much over the past several years. Used to go to crow lake mostly for duck hunting. There is a free launch (or at least it was) on the west end of the lake. I could be wrong but I think I remember it being Blairton Road just before you get into Marmora. , north off of Hwy7.Not sure how the fishing has been but always worth a try I would imagine.

Good luck

Thanks Caper. Is the river launch close to the dam and does it have access to the lake? Also what is more dominant? Largies or smallies?

To be honest i can't quite remember which we caught more of...Mostly when I used to fish there we were targeting Pickerel. There are two free launches on the river(always have been free and I'm assuming they still are). One is just south of Hyw 7 and the dam (you can see it from the Hwy) for the lower part of the river and one is just north of the dam for the upper part(just go north on the main street in town and take the first left then the first right and it's on the left). I believe but I've never boated it or fished it that you can access the lake from the launch just north of the dam. Whenever I was going to the lake we just used the launch on the lake. Free again and you can just park on the side of the road. Lots of free parking on the two river launches as well.

The launch on crow off Blairton rd is fine and its free. Good area of the lake to fish as well. Good LM/SM and pike. Used to be lots of musky there, but not so much since the pike made it in there. If you get a ski now, its a good one! Lots of bass for ya though.....

Sinker

Hey Johnny Bass, I have the answer to question #3. Seymour Lake. Where hwy #30 crosses the Trent river there is a public launch. Downstream to Seymour lake, or my choice, upstream to an island with deep drop offs on the right side as you approach. I've caught small walleyes, bass and even a musky there on a jig & grub. Even caught this from the shorline across from the island.

082760.jpg

My other reason for going away from Seymour towards this upstream island is that you can drift back with the current. Sometimes the current is very strong and if you had motor troubles you would never be able to paddle upstream back to the launch ramp. Also caught this PB smallie in Seymour while staying at Lucky Strike Cottages.

082761.jpg