Rod advice needed

tbayboy

Hey everyone, thank to OntarioCarper I've now got a couple new (to me at least) baitcasters bringing my total to 3 but I only have one rod. I'm trying to decide what to pick up but I'm not sure what to get. Right now I've got a 7' medium heavy single piece BPS extreme rod and I want to pick up one more before this weekend (I'll pick up a 3rd later - payday isn't til next week hehe). What would you all suggest as a second rod to complement the one I have? The 2 quantum MG classics have 50lb braid on them and my existing BPS extreme reel has 20lb power pro on it. I'd prefer a 2 piece rod so that if I'm limited in space I can pack something easier also I want to keep the cost down a bit - say $100 tops?

So bring it on - what would you guys and gals buy in my place (target species is just about anything - hows that for narrowing it down :) ).

Thanks in advance

Sean

Those are nice reels you picked up I was looking at them too.

All depends on what style of fishing you do but I would get another 7' MH 1pc, stick the quantums on the 7'ers and maybe a shorter softer M or ML 6'6" for your BPS reel & 20# braid. The 7' are versatile rods, you can use em for bass, pike, bottom bouncing for walleye amongst other things.

Edited by Raf

Bang for your buck one word Shimano, I have several Bob Izumi signature and they are great I have several Compre and they are great and I recently purchased a Convergence and it`s a nice rod less than 50 bucks and a lifetime warranty to boot, with your 100 bucks you got the 2 rods you need.

Thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming. Good point Raf - better to focus on a new rod for the lighter line/reel and use the existing heavier rod for one of the new reels. So a 6 or 6 1/2 foot medium or medium light 2 piecer is my current thinking. The tough and bang for buck stuff is very good too - I'm lousy at taking good care of my rods so something that I won't break by sticking it into the ground climbing out of the river or other mishaps (or cheap enough that I don't care) might be a good idea :)