Computer problem need major help I think (NF)

Handlebarz

Ok here is what is going on.

D drive (the one that runs the computer) shows only 17% free space about 830 MB how do I free up space on the D drive?

Already De frag and that did nothing for us.

its very slow like I type here right now and the letters take a few seconds to get up on the screen and it took about 15 min to get the computer to turn on today and 1-2 min for the Internet Explore to open also things be very wrong here.

Help me please

Hi Mike,

Are you talking about the "D" or "C" Drive??

Any way if you are talking about the C drive all you have to do is right-click on it in your " My computer". Then click properties then you should get a screen that says:

Used space: xxxxxxxxxxx bytes xxxxxx GB

Free Space: xxxxxxxxxxxbytes 830 MB

Then there should be almost like a pie chart there, to the right hand side of that "pie chart" there should be something that says "Disk Clean Up" try running one of those and that should clear things up.

If you just want to free up space then download CCleaner or CleanUp! Your D drive isn't very big for now a day standards. If it is the drive you have your operating system on you might want to get a bigger drive. Most drives that I know of have the operating system on C.

CCleaner and CleanUp! will remove garbage from your computer and you will be surprised at how much space you recover.

Click on Click Here below and it will take you to the links of the programs and some info on them. Just scroll down to my post.

Click here!

Tom

FYI, there is a computer section here. Its always tough to explain to people, but the easiest way is to explore your D drive is to go into My Computer and right click on your D drive and select explore, that will take you into Windows Explorer. Start deleting or backing up pics, docs, movies..... then emptying it out of your trash can. BTW, your D drive is not your primary drive, so it does not 'control your pc', perhaps some games\apps if they are installed on it though. If you are not pc savy, you may want to get someone who is, cuz you can start deleting some apps\games that were installed on your D drive, then thats not that good. If you don't have anyone to do that, I don't mind remote controlling yer pc via MSN to do that sometime, thats if you got hi-speed. Don't know how big yer drive is, but if its small, you will come across this same issue time and time again. Good luck.

I am no computer geek, but have you done a virus and spy/adware scan? I would also consider getting a larger drive. I have noticed on one of my other pc's, once the drive almost reached its capacity, the pc got terribly slow, it needs disc space for such things as cache. You might also look at your email, and archive or clean that up as well as it can also take up a significant amount of space over time.