Great Lakes "drain hole"

danc

Most politicians would pronounce themselves very sympathetic to a cause that in their minds is not urgent and a cause for which blame for failure to repair could be passed on to just about anyone. It's an easy one for them. The politicians will certainly wait for the International Joint Commission to publish their study...then the public reaction...then the proposals for repair. The lakes have time to drop another 60 cms. Well, at least I know it won't be solved in my lifetime.

Thanks for the story, Dan.

Roy, the politicians have assured us that they will do what is in OUR best interest. Have a little faith, hahahahhaaa.

Investment Tip #1 (from a guy who sells steel, I have no ties to anything remotely worth anything in tips)

Invest in the worlds most commonly used and quickest depleting resource. Liquid Gold is NOT the dirty stuff coming out of Alberta. It is the "Crystal Spring" that runs out of your favorite fishing hole.

Our water tables are being drained and sold for around $0.00 per litre. We buy it for upwards $1.00 per litre, depending on how hot it is outside.

DANG...What the heck will they make beer from?

I love the way all politicians involved seem very concerned and that they strongly feel that someting has to be done right away. The botome line is, this issue has exisisted sinece 1977 and nothing has been done about it. In following that trend, it will take another 30 years to rectify it. We have to start using preventative measures instead of reactive measures. Stop the problem before it starts and there is no problem! Thanks for the article.