Simcoe Carping at it's Finest

Rich

The carp fishing was tremendous today by Simcoe standards. We managed to pull in quite a few throughout the day .. 10lbs is big in this little river and I managed to beat it twice today. All on BBR's special dough concoction. Oh except the first one. It smashed a #2 Panther Martin spinner!!

Pics!

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

And this brute that I managed to catch on the crappiest looking spincaster (button reel) that I found laying on shore. I used it as a joke! LOL

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

And the final one of the day since Sugarpacket refuses to let me put her picture on here. Even though she caught the last fish. Hey, if she wont allow her pic to go up then I guess she never caught anything :lol:

DSC00347.jpg

Hi Rich. those are some awesome fish. I have lived in simcoe all my life and don't think I have ever fished below that dam. When I was a lot younger we used to fish Suttons pond for some nice carp. You can bet I will be taking my kids down there to try it. Have you done any fishing at Deer creek, We are camping there next week. Jim

Good report.

I'm always a little bit jealous of you carpers. I mean, carp are all around me and I see them all the time but whenever I go out fishing they all hide. I've been living in the kawarthas for over 20 years and I still haven't caught a carp. lol

Cripes...Guys from the UK pay big bucks to fish the waters where you live...

Little Lake and the Otonabee River are prime areas...

Must be doin' sumpin' wrong...try visiting some carp sites on the internet for information regarding chumming, bait, rigs, tackle...

Edited by Beans

Hi Rich. those are some awesome fish. I have lived in simcoe all my life and don't think I have ever fished below that dam. When I was a lot younger we used to fish Suttons pond for some nice carp. You can bet I will be taking my kids down there to try it. Have you done any fishing at Deer creek, We are camping there next week. Jim

There are even better spots than that dam. I was very surprised at how many had moved up there. Must be because the water is so low down river. I've noticed the duck park carp populations have dwindled this year.. not sure why.

As for Deer Creek, haven't been there myself this year, was debating hitting it up tomorrow. I hear from others that the stocked trout fishing is as good as ever, but the bass fishing has gone way downhill. Not surprising. Too many campers keeping big, breeding fish. Even the bluegill and crappie populations have gone down. Good luck though.