Sparrow Lake outing with my son

motion

Well it was a great day to be out on the lake yesterday. The day satrted off nice and cool and warmed up nicely. The fishing was about the same, as it warmed up the fish were biting. My son showed me up by out numbering me and pulled out the two biggest fish of the day (large mouth and samllie). Sparrow continues to be my 12 year old's favorite lake producing his first ever "big" fish a few years ago and now his biggest fish a five pounder plus. I'll never forget when he caught his first bass as he kept yelling, "it's a bass, it's a bass". Memmories for sure!!

Saprrow_Lake_1_Aug_11__2007.jpgSparrow_Lake_2_Aug_11__2007.jpg

I will never forget it......he won't let me. He keeps reminding me of the day he "caught one bigger than dad's" The nice thing about the fish he caught in the pics posted, is that he picked a spot on the lake, picked his bait and nailed them all by himself. Makes me proud to be a dad.

Guest Johnny Bass

That is a sweet shirt. I dont know about wearing black in this heast wave though! And if he likes sparrow lake, you should take him to other lakes like six mile lake. Sparrow is the only lake I have ever been skunked and not once but TWICE!!

Looks like he is a better fisherman than me, and has good fisherman instinct.