Crystal.......

Meely

Heading to the Kawarthas for the weekend.

Has anyone ever fished this lake ( near Minden-ish ).

Have heard the locals state its a decent lake but have never ventured out.

Species? Marinas?....yes??...no??

Any help would be appreciated

Meely

Meely, click on THIS. Then click on the PDF version under the map. It'll give you a depth chart of the lake, fishing tips and marina location. Good luck to you.

ps. You can zoom in on the map by using the - and + buttons at the top of the PDF document.

I had a great week of fishing on crystal lake at the begining of july. Lots of small mouths. Most were between 15 and 16 in.

I used the map that you can download off the crystal lake cottagers association website. The marina is small and charges for the use of the boat launch. There is a public boat launch by the dam.

There is tons of off shore structure to fish, however i only really had any luck at dusk and dawn at these locations. I had trouble locating fish during the day in the hot sun.

The closest bait shop is in Kinmount. It is really small and only sells worms. For bait and tackle you will have to go into Bobcaygon, which i found to be about a 25 minute drive from the lake.

Good Luck.

Sean

Hey Meely...I stopped by his store to see if Roger could answer your query but he is on holidays...dang the luck !!!

I remember there was a sign on Crystal Lake Road for a Marina on the next left so I guess it must be on the north shore :dunno:

I know Roger icefishes up there but he has never mentioned open water fishing...

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful... :(