Honey Harbour....

I had been looking forward to this weekend for a couple of months now. It's an annual get together of friends for a weekend of drinking and relaxing. My friend Keith and I don't drink, so we usually spend the weekend fishing. We had a real productive weekend, landing somewhere in the neighbourhood of 30 largies, 1 smallie and 3 walleye. The funny part of the story is that as we were getting off the highway I noticed a rather large dam to my right and I instantly thought "There has to be walleye in there". I canvased some of the locals and they were adimant that there was no way I would catch any this time of year. Being the hard head that I am, I decided not to listen to them. I went and bought some minnows and large leeches and made my way down to the dam. Within 30 mins I landed my first wally and landed another 2 in the next hour and snapped 2 off. So much for the locals theory. Nonetheless, the weekend was a blast, the fish were biting and most of all I wasn't working. I would like to give a special thanks to Bucketmouth Johnny for guiding me to some awesome spots on the harbour. Our weekend would have been as productive without your advice. It was much appreciated.

Fishing_097.jpgGrant.jpgMike_105.jpgKeith109.jpg