Navionics Hotmap for Nippissing

lew

Mornin boyz, I'm heading out today to pick up a Navionics Hotmap for Nippissing, specifically West Bay area, are wondered who has the cheapest price in Toronto.

LeB's is $195 but I'm hoping to do better than that.

Cabellas is $149 U.S. but not sure what that works out to CDN once everything is factored in, plus I need it for next week and it may not arrive in time.

I purchased my XL-9 Gold at West Marine for a decent price but wonder if anyone is cheaper ??

Any thoughts ??....... East of Yonge St would be preferable

Lew, I don't think that Navionics chip includes the West side of #64 bridge. Just mentioning this in case you wanted that too. Have a great time Bud.

Thanks Roy, I was aware of that but it doesn't really matter to me as I seldom head west of the bridge anyways. I'll be fishing the West Bay area from the bridge out to the Big lake

Thanks Roy, I was aware of that but it doesn't really matter to me as I seldom head west of the bridge anyways. I'll be fishing the West Bay area from the bridge out to the Big lake

Aaaaaahhh So that's what I was doing wrong! :)

I just got home from BPS where I picked up the Hotmap for $180.

Turns out it's very hard to find in the Toronto area as most stores that carry Navionics charts don't carry the Hotmap for some reason.

How accurate is the Navionics chip of the west arm? Are all the reefs located correctly? I've been toying with adding a kicker motor for our annual trip, but if I could rely on the map as being fairly accurate I might invest in a large screen gps and chip.

I spent a day on the West Arm with Irishfield in June and he had the new Hotmap and it appeared to be extremely accurate in marking all the submerged rocks. They just show up as an X on the screen, but when you get close, sure enuff there's the rock right under the surface where the map says it is.

Art (aplaumma) put me on to www.tigergps.com for some good prices. The Navionics Hotmaps Premium 2007 for Canada is to have Nippising on it ... up to the bridge there at Lakair (Rt 64). I think this is the same chip that Wayne (Irishfield) had in his unit. Tiger GPS is listing the chip at 149.99. I just bought the new Lowrance LCX 28C HD (Sonar and GPS) from them and should be arriving at my house in a day or two (Based on my UPS tracking). Found the best price for the unit here and had free shipping in the US. I'll have to wait until Christmas to purchase this chip.

Thanks Art !!!!!

Lew, you did mention at Lakair that you were going to get one of those chips ... glad you were able to pick one up. Betcha we'll see some big fish pics next June ... eh ???

Edited by Rich Clemens

Lew, you did mention at Lakair that you were going to get one of those chips ... glad you were able to pick one up. Betcha we'll see some big fish pics next June ... eh ???

Maybe even sooner Rich, I'm heading back to Lakair in 8 days :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like we're following you around Lew. ;)

Sounds like were gonna have a convoy up there Raf, Phil says he's gonna tag along behind me too.

Best thing about that though, is I'll get 1st cast at all the good spots :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Maybe even sooner Rich, I'm heading back to Lakair in 8 days

Go ahead buddy. Rub it in ... rub it in. Wish you the best of luck and hope to see a few pics. For me, I'm heading back up that way in 1 1/2 months, but will be on the French, just down the road from Lakair. Anxiously awaiting next year's GTG.

Edited by Rich Clemens