Any reports from the Spotters

misfish

Hey Brian,

I was a spotter on one of the boats today and I must say that I really did not learn anything.

The guys had everything pre-rigged and fished away. My team only had 4 fish on and landed only

three. If you just want to be on a boat, its okay, but I did not find it educational. The good news is

that the guy I was the spotter for (pre-tourey) is going to take me fishing tomorrow. The other nice thing about the tourney is that I met a few guys who have boats and have invited me to fish with them as well.

I was very lucky on the prize table draw and managed to get a sweet Shimano Tekota 700 as a prize.

Overall, I had a good time.

Bill

Had a blast and learned a tonne with the team that finished third (Mike, Rob (Iceguy) and George) with just over a 100 lbs. The crew I was with were very knowledgeable, friendly and very humorous.

I would strongly recommend being an observer, especially if you are new to this type of fishing.

Thanks Al (Spoonman) for inviting me and showing me around yesterday - a first rate guy indeed!

it was a great time the two guys that i was with showed me alot

they where a father and son team the son was always given the

old man a hard time it was quite funny they did good for haven a small

boat they got about 12 fish they took 10th place overall here's a few pictures

of the guys

derby2.jpg

derby7.jpg

derby4.jpg

it was a great time

rob

Wow ,seems you all had a great time and bro,nice pic,s.

Young fella givn,n the old man a hard time,sounds like someone else we both know.LOL

12 fish, soundS like a productive day.That one in third pic is a nice one.

Silver, you got yerself a great draw there bud.

Bill, Im sure you learned something,like maybe "wish,n I was fish,n stead of sittin".LOL

Glad you got some hook ups and made some new fishing buds.

Thanks guys for the replies.

I got the call last minute to help out,(friday 2 pm).Next year Im in.

WTG ALL :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

HEY BRO FIX THE DATE ON THE CAM. :o

Edited by misfish

Thanks's for being our observer Bill I hope you enjoy your reel that was a sweet prize, good luck tomorrow I know Mike will put you on the fish as we had did today. Silveradosheriff I'm glad you had a good time today, you were a great spotter and you even spotted a couple of hit's while I was gabing, good job :thumbsup_anim: . I look forward to having you out this week, I hope we can get a couple good ones like today. Good shooting on the video I'll see if I can edit it up and put on this thread. Man only if that hook didn't bend :wallbash: