Digital Camera??

fishingguy28

The new waterproof camera that landlocked probably refers to is the Olympus 770SW - they've been advertising it a lot. Considering getting one myself. But if you don't need a waterproof camera then I'm sure there are better or better value small digitals out there, just not sure which to recommend - though anything by canon is bound to be good.

The Sony Cybershot 7.2 MP are sitting at about $249 right now. Actually at the source they have a bundle for 249 and it comes with a memory stick and camera case. People like to diss the Sony's but I've had one all this year and I love it. I would definitely buy another one. Hard to beat the price too.

If you are going to go waterproof then look at the Pentax Optio 7.1MP Digital Camera (W30), which consistantly gets much better reviews than the Olympus. The Olympus is a decent under water proformer but a ton of people say they can't see the screen on it outdoors in bright light, making it totally useless as it doesn't have a viewfinder....

It isn't cheap but you can price match it at Futureshop where it is currently 349.99 with Carmens where it is 299.99. If you pricematch it at Futureshop you can save another 10% of the price difference.....

Here are the links for both stores.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...6402&catid=

http://www.carmans.com/store/product.php?p...at=0&page=1

not to dis, but i bought a Sony 7.2MP for my trip to new york and it was AWFULL!!! the shot stabilizer in it is weak, and the processor is SLOWWW! AND with Sony's you have to get there Memory Stick cards, a regular Sandisk card will not do (another way for sony to squeeze a few more bucks out of there customers i guess)

i returned it as soon is i got back from NYC

just my 2 cents. :whistling: