Lake Huron smallmouth/pike?

2kj

Maitland River is pretty wicked. Drive around and find bridges where you can park and gain access to the river. Look out for private property. Wingham has a dam, that's pretty simple to fish around.

If you're up closer to Kincardine, Pine River isn't too bad. The mouth of the river is suppose to be decent. I've heard of locals who find the sand/rock edges in like 10fow and do well for smallies. They use small aluminum boats or dingies or canoes for that stuff. Point Clark has a huge shoal that probably holds lots of bass. The shoal is the reason why there's the lighthouse there, and it extends way out into the lake. Point Clark and Pine River are very close together and it's a nice little cottage community/subdivision.

The best river in the area is the Saugeen, but it's a good hour and a half or more drive from Goderich.

Yeah, golf is pretty cheap up here, and lots of decent courses! Between Clinton and Goderich is a nice 18 holer, Sunset north of Goderich is a nice old narrow, tree lined 18, Ainsdale south of Kincardine is a wide open 18, and BlackHorse near Kinloss, west of Kincardine is a very nice newer 18. Best is the oldest course in the county.....the Lurgan Beach/Point Clark soil green course.....

Cobble Beach just north of Owen Sound is the nicest toughest course around! It'd be harder than that cheesy little course that just held the Canadian Open!!! July is was only 60$ for 18 and a cart after 4pm, when it was 110$ from 9am till noon. I"m not sure if the deal goes on into August....got to check the website.

I'm the guy Solopaddler is referring to and I'm at the cottage this week. If you have a boat, head south of Point Clark and look for massive boulders in the lake. The bigger ones in deeper water hold surprisingly large numbers of fish. I've been out a few times this week and I've been onto fish everytime but with the gin clear water and sunny conditions, they have been tentative biters.

Good luck!