Fishing Hay Bay

leighfns

I have had some good success on Hay Bay, walleye, bass, pike, drum. Apparently, Hay Bay has a higher walleye concentration than BOQ. The eastern end becomes shallow and weedy, and the western end gets deeper, always lots of boats trolling around for walleye. I have caught walleye trolling erie deerie (not sure of spelling), tipped with a night crawler.

I have had some good success on Hay Bay, walleye, bass, pike, drum. Apparently, Hay Bay has a higher walleye concentration than BOQ. The eastern end becomes shallow and weedy, and the western end gets deeper, always lots of boats trolling around for walleye. I have caught walleye trolling erie deerie (not sure of spelling), tipped with a night crawler.

Any idea what size the pike are averaging? I have heard good things about Hay Bay as far as Walleye and Bass.

I'll be heading to hay bay for the long weekend as well, we are staying at pickeral park, as far as pike and walleye never had a bad trip. We'll be in the tracker pro-guide with the big red golden retreiver in it . If you in the area stop by for some stump juice.

I'll be heading to hay bay for the long weekend as well, we are staying at pickeral park, as far as pike and walleye never had a bad trip. We'll be in the tracker pro-guide with the big red golden retreiver in it . If you in the area stop by for some stump juice.

I am staying at "Bayview Resort".... I will be on the Fisher 170 Sport Hawk with a black and white bulldog. Perhaps I will se you on the water :)

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I am gonna be in Camping in Pickeral Park this weekend as well. I will have my kids and wife with me. I will have my White and Blue Glastron inboard bowrider with a casting deck and trolling motor on the front. The boats name is Black Pearl. Give us a honk if you see us.

I am hoping I can get the young ones to hook into some pickeral. I was figuring on just drifting and let them jig worms. What sort of speed are you guys trolling minnows and crank baits with? Any spots I should try? I will definatly try and hook into some Bass if the pickeral bite is slow. Likely the kids will want to spend the whole weekend tubing so I may not get much time in fishing. :)

Mr Wonderful, you will be staying at a park with MANY fantastic resident fisherman.

Number one, try and talk to superdad. he'll be up there i'm sure....he's MORE than willing to help anyone out...he knows that water better than anyone i know....he'll put you onto a pattern for pike....

Further to Superdad, a trailer at the top of the hill, is home to the Braun Family. Jeffrey and Tenita are two of Hay Bay's most accomplished anglers....although they aren't pike fisherman, like superdad, they know that water VERY well....

Bayview is a great park to stay at. The owners are fantastic. Their prices are BY FAR the cheapest in the Quinte area....

If i have a suggestion for you, when you go out of the park, go right, towards the opening of the bay. As you go past grass island, fish all around the depths.....on the shoreline side, it drops into a hole of almost 20' of water.....LOTS of potential for big pike...and its less than 2 minutes from your park.

HAVE FUN!

We'll also have the kids and exspect a good time, the vechiles at our site will be a 98 gold safari and a white 03 ford 4 door diesel with J.C.J contracting on the side of it, feel free to stop by and have a beer and a chat, i think our sites are between the 2 docks we'll be tenting it this weekend lol.I here there is going to be a band and a dance as well ,should be fun for sure

I am gonna be in Camping in Pickeral Park this weekend as well. I will have my kids and wife with me. I will have my White and Blue Glastron inboard bowrider with a casting deck and trolling motor on the front. The boats name is Black Pearl. Give us a honk if you see us.

I am hoping I can get the young ones to hook into some pickeral. I was figuring on just drifting and let them jig worms. What sort of speed are you guys trolling minnows and crank baits with? Any spots I should try? I will definatly try and hook into some Bass if the pickeral bite is slow. Likely the kids will want to spend the whole weekend tubing so I may not get much time in fishing. :)

Edited by walleyemen

Hey thats cool about the band thing, we will be in my 99 silver Durango, Tenting as well. I think we are somewhere near the washroom. Not sure where that is. If the boat is not on the trailer we are in the water. I am not putting it on a slip it has a little bit of a leak in the shift cable bellows, and I don't wanna leave it in the water all weekend. :)