Just another carp report

Marko

Gone out carp fishing yesterday, had some time, gf was working.

After about 2 hours of fishing, she calls me and tells me she has a migraine and that i have to go and get her from work.

I did manage to hook into some fish, went 3/5.

Ended up catching a nice size smallmouth on corn and lost couple suckers using worms.

I think they were suckers, there were bunches of them and were all shinning silver.

Here are pics of the fish that i caught

Picture_042__Medium_.jpg

Picture_040__Medium_.jpg

Picture_039__Medium_.jpg

The reel is pretty good.

I like it cuz the drag is at the bottom part of it, its easier to adjust it when u have a big fish peeling your line out.

Fish were caught at St Marys again.

Fairly close to London, just south of Stratford.

:wallbash: From what i see, as far as were the carp are laying you must be a novice carp angler. A seasoned carp angler would never subject carp to concrete which i belive it is. Putting them on soil that has heavy grass is ok but not just on concrete, Carp thrashing around like they do on a hard surface such as concrete can do serious injury to there insides. A padded weigh sling mat combination should be an item on your list of gear to purchase if you continue to carp angle. Even a plastic babies crib mattres would make a great un-hooking mat. They may only be CARP but they deserve respect. I am a seasoned carp angler and dont get me wrong i am not giving you criticism just pointing out how i feel about placing carp on hard surfaces that can cause them harm and injury. You do have a nice catch there and hope you catch many more.

Cheers and Tightlines.

Rodpody...

Edited by Rodpody