Lake O Report

bbog

Left home around 5:30AM and was on the water by 6. The launch at Bluffers Park was very busy and the lake very calm. From the water we could see how dark the sky was over Durham region. It was spitting on us for a minute or so. Later we get reports of a downpour for about 10 minutes (back home).

Got the lines in the water and started fishing in about 90 feet - ended up around 240. Lines were spread out from 35 to 75 feet, using mostly RAC spoons and 1 Spin Doctor. I heard the week had been hard fishing so expectations were low. The surface temps were around 67 ddegrees, almost 20 more than the last time out for me. Over the next 4 hours a definite pattern emerged. No it wasn't colour, depth or speed. It was a fish on everytime we engaged someone on the radio to listen to them complain about how hard the fishing was!!

We had what I considered to be a great day out going 4 for 4 (3 rainbow and 1 salmon). Nothing huge but just great to be out on the water. All fish were released except one rainbow that didn't want to go back down. Here are shots of the two I landed (my buddy can post his own pictures :D

Skinny Rainbow

rainbow.jpg

Small Chinook

salmon.jpg

Pictures taken with a 5 megapixel camera phone - hope the results are ok.

Thanks for reading and if anyone has suggestions on how to catch trout in Northern Ontario lakes (from a canoe) I'm all ears.

Cheers,

Barn