Walker - Ez-adder Downrigger Clips

irishfield

Slides down the rigger cable instead of hauling the ball up. Kinda like sending another clip out on the planer mast line.

3.jpg

Anyone here use them. Good/Bad experiences.

A couple sets of 4 would make good "stocking stuffers" ! :santa:

Guess the hard part would be reaching out to put them on the cable!

Thanks!

Guess I'm old school but I have used them and although they work fine I prefer to bring the ball up just to get all the weeds, if any, off the cable and or ball. Easiest way to bring the cable to you is to swivel the rigger as close to the boat as possible or use your docking pole to bring the cable to you. If you choose the latter hold the cable with a gloved hand or something to protect your hands.

Wayne - we used something similar out on Erie years ago and they worked fine. Good if you have a release and don't want to pull up the cannonball. You can also use them to run a second line off the riggers ( kept far apart ). If you have the cannonball retrieves it will pull the cable in enough to clip them to the cable.

Don

That is a pretty smart idea.....I have manual downriggers so that would be a perfect application for something like this.....thanks for posting these....I'll be looking for them at the Detroit fishing show next month....

Chrispy!

Thanks guys...gonna order a few and give them a whirl. I have the retrieve cord so should be able to clip them on. Guess it's alot easier if you actually have the Walker units with Auto retrieve on them as it brings the cable right in and up tight to the boom.

i like my rod's loaded so the tips are almost to the water and i don't think they could hack it. look for walkers inline release it's not on there web site but it's a great salmon release. too strong for pickeral or lakers though, you could be dragging them a while.

looks like this blacks release

RC951.jpg

Thanks Dave ! My main use will be on Lake T for suspended Wally's in the 30 foot range and lakers at 80 feet. Mind you I think I may just be putting the planner mast to use this year on the lake BOQ style. Sure hope I don't "clothes line" too many boaters going the other way that have never seen that style of fishing.