Rick Amsbury Memorial Pro/Am ...CSFL

Deg

In May a post on the board announced this Pro/Am tournament and my wife thought she would surprise me by sending in my registration. I had talked about them in the past but never entered one. She sent in the check and forms on May 22nd and waited for a reply. Nothing came back.

We were supposed to go to Nfld in August so she really wanted to know if I was entered in order to change our plans. After several calls to Andrew Pallotta at the CSFL office and his cell phone and leaving messages at both, she finally gave up and contacted Fleming College and spoke to a Nicole. Nicole checked her records and said I was in the tournament and should expect a package in the mail from the CSFL.

On June 25th, when we returned from Lakair, I found a phone message telling me that all the information I needed would be sent out shortly. Last week I still had no info and I tried several times to get Andrew Pallotta to let me know what is happening. Not one reply from my mesages or Ruth's came from CSFL (Andrew Pallotta).

I tried Nicole at Fleming College again but she is away until later this week.

The Tournament is August 1st, Ruth booked rooms in Lindsay for 2 nights, and we know nothing about the event other than the initial announcement.

Is it still happening?

Has anyone gotten a package from the CSFL ... Andrew Pallotta? We have 4 mailing days left ... not a lot of time for errors in the mail.

Right now I am wishing we had just gone to Nfld. If you have any info I would really appreciate your help.

Deg,

John just sent me your post via another site concerning your post here.

The event is 100% happening and it's going to be the event of the year. I have no idea why you haven't recieved a call back from Andy but what I will do is send your post to Vita (Andy's wife) and have it straightened out asap. The draw happened today so I'll get all your info.

Please feel free to email me - [email protected] wih any questions or concerns and I'll make sure you get answers!!!!

Good luck on Sturgeon!!!

Take care,

Craig

Thanks John for passing it on. I was hoping an OFC'er would know some one or something about the tournament.

Craig is fast, I see he has already responded.

Thanks again

Craig, I sent you an email.

Glad I could help, Craig is lightning fast! Good luck on Sturgeon, I have seen the list of pro's entered and there is a ton of great guys registered for that tourney so I think you will be in good hands no matter whom you draw, just don't know if the fish will co-operate though. Go get em and enjoy the day, should be an awesome event!!!

Best Wishes Deg,

John

Thanks John.

Craig emailed me this morning and I got a call from CSFL a few hours later.

I expect to get the info by email soon. I really appreciate you helping out. It was getting closer and we knew nothing other than 'be there at 5:30 a.m. LOL

Roy ... hug her yourself ... this 'we' she talks about always turns out to be a 'ME'. Next time it is her name that goes on the registration form. LOL How's 'Grumpy, Doc, Sleepy, etc' doing?

I think someone is a weeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit excited.LOL

Have a good one out there,yer going to have a blast and a great memory to last a life time.

As for yer trip to NFLD.youz can stop by and pick me up on yer wayz. ;):D

Edited by misfish

Here's the best ways to reach Andy or Vita.......

CSFL office - 905-640-2277

E-Mail - [email protected]

Andy's cell - 416-802-2277

The BEST way to do things is to reach Vita. She takes care of all the paperwork as Andy's always running around taking care of things. If you guys ever need anything beyond the norm, just drop me an email and I can call Vita at work for you. She checks the Bassmania email at night as well as the messages so if I can ever help just drop me a line.

[email protected]

Take care

Craig

Craig means what he says.I usually go through him, as it,s really hard to get ahold of Andy and Vita.Very busy people this time of year,but great people. Im sure they are not being rude by not returning your calls or messages.

Good job on getting things straight,n out Craig.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know the results? I fished it, but couldn't stick around for the dinner, and results were held secret until the dinner presention. I figure we were mid-pack, with a little over 13 lbs. We should have weighed in 15+ lbs as we had about 1.5 hrs to cull the one dink in our livewell, but to no avail.

Great event, and I had a fantastic day. My pro was exactly that, a pro. I look forward to fishing with him again. Can't wait for another pro/am. I would highly recommend it, good times.

Thanks,

pooch

Guest Johnny Bass

DANG! One year soon I want to be an AM!!!!! As soon as I can afford it! To boot I know a hotspot for monster smallies on sturgeon!!!!

Edited by Johnny Bass