Friday the 13th July 2007

nautifish

Well my weekend started thursday with the 1st two guests arriving around 2.30pm. Around 4.30 pm had my other 3 guests arrive all the way from some island up past sudbury. Took the choocheming ferry or summit like that.....LOL...As they arrived my other two guests were litteraly a few minutes after Father & son fron London. Then my other two guests arrived around 5.00pm from Windsor. Around 8.00pm two other familys showed up one family of six and another family of five. So had quite the house full i did....lol.....Thursday evening a couple of my guests took a ponder down town to check things out. Every single guest i had with me this past weekend were 13th virgins.

Thursday evening sat around with all my guests on the back deck listening to music and just chatting about anything and everything and a good time was had by all.

6.00 am i was up friday morning putting coffee on for everyone. Basically everyone just came and went through out the day excpet for thr three bikers from past sudbury. They headed out around 10.00am walked down town and never saw them again till saterday morning. Man were they ever party animals.

I decided to put togeather a video of both pictures and video this way it is much easier. Now this is only a few clips and videos i have put togeather. I probably have over three hrs worth of video footage alltogeather. Be warned the video is allmost ten minutes long. It was an incredible day By 1.00pm they had broadcast on the radio that there was allready over one hundred thousand people in dover. At 4.00pm there was still people being bussed in and on one part of the video footage you will see a clip looking up highway six up over the lift bridge coming into dover. Still there were hundreds of bikes coming into town. I had an absolute blast over the weekend, could not have asked for better guests,The weather was absolultey vantastic also. If anyone here has not yet experienced Friday 13th here in dover you should really come and check it out...Its just one big huge donkey party and alot of fun.

Enjoy the video.

Edited by nautifish

Buddy said crowd moved like cattle in a pen.

I was there last year Jan 13 and that was crowded enough for me. Last weekend was the county boys trip to Main Duck so some went to the island and some to Dover and a few caught both. We had about 60-70 guys at Main Duck Is. and caught a few hundred smallies, some of which were eaten.

great shots. This was the first one I have missed in a long time but my three kids and a friend were part of that crowd. Thanks for sharing

I remember the january one last yr. Weather was beautifull and was in the mid to high teens for most of the afternoon. Mind you though we got a good crowd it was tiny compared to last weekends event.

Buddy said crowd moved like cattle in a pen.

I was there last year Jan 13 and that was crowded enough for me. Last weekend was the county boys trip to Main Duck so some went to the island and some to Dover and a few caught both. We had about 60-70 guys at Main Duck Is. and caught a few hundred smallies, some of which were eaten.

Yup you could hardly move anywhere. 1st time i have seen so many of the back street also all lined up with bikes. I live up on the hill that over looks silver lake and they're were bikes starting to line up down the street i am on,which was just incrediable.

I had a half dozen friends ride up from Picton but I ride vintage and if anything was to break down it would ruin their trip, its a long haul for a 37 year old bike.

WHAT YOU COULD NOT HAVE HITCHED A RIDE WITH A BUDDY?

I heard you can rent harleys for a day...... B)