Lavalley Bay

keram

Keram, I'm with Ranger for technique. I don't know how to fish, but I've been catching fish at Baptiste all my life.

Do you have a boat and what are you targeting?

Panfish are everywhere but walleye, laketrout and others are pretty site specific. You can drive to High Falls for a great shore adventure or boat up to Elephant Lk with great selection along the way.

Good Luck and remember the camera.

Thanks for advice guys.

Do you have a boat and what are you targeting?

Yes, I will have a boat, and I'm targetting.......... :dunno: :dunno: , so many species to chose.

Oh, I know, I will be targetting everything :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Logo, tape and camera are ready.

The main species in Baptiste Lake are pike and bass. Muskies can walleye are a bit more challenging. The Lake trout are quite hard to come by. I recommend that you try Dog Bay. That is the large bay just to the left of the resort. Try the mouths of of the west and north inlets of the main body of the bay. Great for pike and bass with a good shot at walleye too.

Hey Keram ,

I just spent a week on Baptiste. It was just after the last cold front came through 2 weeks ago. We did OK, but had to work hard to get them.

I just posted some pics on my website

Click here...Baptise Lake 2007

We stayed at Sunrise Lodge aton the NE side of the lake, but where you are is really centrally located on the lake. Smallies & walleye were deep on jigs, largemouth& pike were in the weeds.

ofnbaptiste.JPG