Ramp Butter

Rampbutter.JPG.add41103fab55efe35cbff005e6f025b.JPGWell better late than never they say. I finally got around to making up my Ramp compound butter this year, it's so amazingly good on so many things from soup to steaks. 4 lbs of butter done up in two batches in the food processor. Included was 1.5lbs of finely chopped wild garlic, 3 envelopes of fresh thyme dehydrated along with four trays of chives and green onions dehydrated and ground up. Seeing as it's somewhat whipped up even cold it spreads pretty good. When frozen and vacuum sealed it lasts for years in the freezer as I found earlier when I came across a surprise bonus pack I didn't know was left over. Added a few tablespoons of EVOO to one batch this time as an experiment which thinned it out some so I had to chill it more before making the logs. Bit of a messy job but well worth it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Spiel said:

I'll bet it's fabulous on steaks indeed, well done.   :)

Yea, just about anything you would use butter on with notable exceptions like pancakes, peanut butter and jam sandwiches etc. Fantastic on and/or mixed in mashed potatoes or most veggies and great to add in the pan when frying up onions, mushrooms and peppers for steaks, burgers and wraps. Adds a nice little twist to bruschetta too. Another thing I really like about it is that it keeps that same raw flavour unlike when pickled which I do like as well. Great for toasted tomato or blt, I always add some to tomato and cream soups too, the list is long lol.

• Like 3