High Arctic Char to Trophy Muskie, Trout & Gar. 2023 Report.

Moosebunk

Hi. First time poster here. 🤣

2023 was an awesome of year of fishing and travel. Began the winter working at the most southern community on Baffin Island, Nunavut in a familiar little town to me called Kimmirut. Some ice fishing back home for a break in early March, the latter part of that month and into May I returned to Baffin, this time to its northernmost town way up by the north pole. Hiking the small mountains, watching the completion of Nunavut Quest; a week long dog sled race which had begun in Igloolik, and drinking only glacial water in my coffee each day, made for a very memorable contract there. 

Spring rolled in at home in the Ottawa Valley with crappies, gar and laker fishing. Much time spent with my youngest daughter who was back from University for the summer. Before long, the wife and I embarked on a trip up to northern Ontario with our close friends. Walleye, pike, lake and brook trout we had a blast catching them all. A fire ban in place, instead of evenings around the campfire we four enjoyed our drinks at the table playing Rummy and Bridge.

Summer arrived and the heat as always was too much for this thin-skinned, red-headed whiteboy who spends five months a year in the Arctic so... to beat it I went back north a time for work. Incredible arctic char fishing on my days off and, oddly there was even a bachata video shot. Returning to Ottawa again it was a quick repack, load the boat and off to northern Ontario for more awesome trout fishing.

The fall being my favorite time to fish local many hours did I grind with family and friends for big muskies. Turned out to be my best season yet as giant after giant were caught by myself and, new personal bests and firsts were had for nearly everyone aboard. Managed a solid sturgeon on a side trip too. Nice to have my wife and both my daughters alongside for much of the late season as well.

Some of Canada’s finest fish species for 2023 slimed the Lund, and couldn’t have been happier with it. 

Too many pictures to share in a report here, but all of it from the glacial hills and dog sleds of Arctic Bay to the seaside bachata and char to October’s pumpkin carving contest and trophy muskies can be seen within...

https://bunksoutdoorangle.com/from-out-of-the-splashes/

z10-scaled.jpg

• Like 6