2023 Walleye opener - where??

KraTToR

I"m thinking about trying Percy Boom this year. Those of you who don't know it, its the stretch of the Trent River below lock 8 south of Campbellford. Of course, Pigeon is always an option but I haven't done the opener there since 2015.  I won't do Quinte again, just really poor results year after year.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Honey holes?? 

Cheers!

P.

Percy is a pretty good small mouth fishery. I’m not sure how the pics hold up these days.  Belwood would not be somewhere that I’d go for walleye.  There may be the odd one here and there but the place is overrun with people and not at all consistent for any kind of fishing.  I’ve always liked the buckhorns, and Crowe was surprisingly not bad last time I fished it.  Rice lake while busy is usually a producer for pics.  Hard to go wrong there so long as you don’t mind contending with weeds.  Anywhere you go on opener will be a gong show for the most part so just keep that in mind!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, porkpie said:

Percy is a pretty good small mouth fishery. I’m not sure how the pics hold up these days.  Belwood would not be somewhere that I’d go for walleye.  There may be the odd one here and there but the place is overrun with people and not at all consistent for any kind of fishing.  I’ve always liked the buckhorns, and Crowe was surprisingly not bad last time I fished it.  Rice lake while busy is usually a producer for pics.  Hard to go wrong there so long as you don’t mind contending with weeds.  Anywhere you go on opener will be a gong show for the most part so just keep that in mind!

Yes, good point about the opener. The opener for me is usually the weekend after.  Also now looking at the west end of the Thames river and down into LSC.