eugenia sunday

robinwood

did Eugenia yesterday afternoon, left late for various reasons , not to mention obvious storms ,

new wheel bearings seemed fine!!

only 1 small perch to report which self extracted itself before a photo, saw a few others haul in some bass and perch- we were fishing mid day - it seems from the number of trailers in the parking lot , there were a lot of

people out in the morning- nice lake - but what kind of weeds are those? we head to bancroft area in August every year which has weeds to the surface in some places as well, but they are no where near as strong as the ones in Eugenia- really slow down the motor and suck down lures!

Only 1 perch that's to bad, still better than a good day at work! Where about were you fishing? Glad to hear the bearing was ok, I have had too many bad memories with bearings going on me. Now I change them every 3 or 4 years no matter what.

Those weeds are very strong and just wrap around your motor, I have had to cut them off with a knife had about 20lbs wrapped around the prop.

pulled out from boat launch and generally headed toward the island - lots of weed beds everywhere, I noticed a lot of boats and people hanging around the dam - but it looked crowded, we did seea lot of tiny perch following

lures etc - and acouple of people pulled out what must have been 1-2 lb LM a little further out from the island

we circled around and found the area with the stumps etc - and basically tried some sureface , lures and senko type worms etc in among the weeds - people were leaving as we arrived - some had caught 4-5 fish (claimed)

- but we did start late- despite a bit of rain - the day was nice and the boss will try again!!

oh by the way, how did you do in Simcoe?

Edited by robinwood

I didn't make it to Simcoe, the guy I was going with eneded up taking the bottom of his motor off in Wasaga so it will take 2-3 days to get the parts needed to put it back together. I ended up hitting the rivers near by Eugenia and got into 6"-14" speckles. Lost a good 16" speckle as I was just bending down to get it. I had a blast I haven't fished small rivers in a long time. I ended catching 8 trout in all in about an hour and lost 8, all were put back to fight another day. Love the colors on those little speckles.